Pages

13

Spoiled... temptation....

I had to pay for an ugly bracelet that cost RM12.90 just because Naomi didn't want to put it back to the rack. And she gave it to another girl who's on the swing after 15 mins to trade for the swing.... *faint*

My parents totally, completely indulged me when I was little. My dad would buy me most of the things I want(not need) with no question asked. And now, I find myself doing the same thing for Naomi as well! And truly I knew she doesn't need them, like those toys, clothes, or whatever she picked up in a toy shop.

I was spoiled, and I am repeating the process of spoiling my own. We went shopping for another kid's present and we normally ended up with something else for my lil one. I am started to worry that in the future, my girl won't take no for an answer. I seriously don't want her to grow up thinking the whole world owe her a living..... I do really worry.

Now, let me learn; learn to stay away from temtation. I, as a parent have to change the thinking, change the behavior. I'm sure Naomi will adapt faster than me, it is "me", the problem.... Let's pray for Vivian, Amen.

13 Muaks:

Mommy to Chumsy said...

sigh..i'm like you too. always buy something for ashley, especially when she doesn't want to put it back. however if my hubby is around, he would put it back despite all the protests and tantrums (from ashley of course) :D

Anonymous said...

Me too! I fall to temptation easily too! Especially when it comes to stuff for my boy...haiyoo....so pray for me too! :)

Anonymous said...

I was never spoilt. MY parents made me work for what I want, as in trading it with good results. But with my own children now, I get them what they want, each shopping trip, they never come back empty handed. Sure with a little treat or anything other things.

Anonymous said...

I think we all do that.. ;) donch be too hard on yourself. PB is the one that puts his foot down.. all the time.. i'm a wuss..!!

Lemonjude said...

Sometimes we really need to say 'No' to them...and tell them why. Else, your pocket will be getting a bigger n bigger hole..hehe..

Lemonjude said...

btw, thanks for dropping by my blog, let's exchange link :)

Anonymous said...

I am guilty too. and very true that the 'problem' very often lies in me...wahahahaha...i have an urge to buy something or anything (it can even be a stooopid food container) for Norelle everytime I go out! it's like an addiction or some sort...jeez..sounds scary eh?

chanelwong said...

i think all parents who love their kid/s will spoil their kids...you are not alone

slavemom said...

How's the rehab going? hehehe When it comes to spoiling the kids, I'm not the guilty one... it's PaPa. :D

Anonymous said...

my hubby used to said 'No No' to me n his three princesses,when they want to buy somethings...for me too bad lah,I use to buy things for them:(

TAGED YOU:)
PLS CHECK:)

Mummy In Vain said...

yes, we parents have to control....i seldom buy what my kids demand. but sometimes i do if that thing just costs a little bit.
don't indulge our kids to be spendthrift. :)

Anonymous said...

she is so generous and can bribe too..hihi..

allthingspurple said...

Resist... easier said than done. I cant recall ever NOT feeling guilty about how much i have spend.

Kimberly would walk to the counter with 3 party dress from Party Princess all in the same design she like except in different colour and i would pay for it, knowing well than she scant have a chance to wear all 3 with no relative's weddings in sight,

and same goes to all the different designs of the now very popular "chicky chic girls" "forever best friend" type of beautifully illustrated diaries for little girls sitting on the shelves at MPH that cost like RM45 each or so, all the 6 different designs purchased at one go. And that's just Kimberly.

Lets not even talk about Mummy buying on her own whim for Ashley... And I wasnt even spoiled by both parents. Only by my dad...

Back to Top